First International Marine & Freshwater Sciences Symposium
18-21 October 2018
Meet Our Invited Speakers
Dr. Paraskevi Karachle
Dr. Fehmi Boufahja
Dr. Ivan Bolotov
Dr. Federica Semprucci
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Welcome to the official website of the First International Marine & Freshwater Sciences Symposium (MarFresh2018) which will be held on 18-21 October 2018 in Kemer/Antalya, Turkey.
Water is crucial for all living organisims that covers almost 80% of our planet. Although productivity of water resources unproportionally distributed, all of them host vast biodiversity but only very minor part in freshwaters is available for human life. Aquatic life in these ecosystems are progressively threatened by invasive species, climate change and habitat destructions mainly through anthropogenic pollution, water abstraction, unpredictable fluctuations in water level and invasive species. All these impacts interact and enhance uncertainty about the availability of aquatic life.
Our most important goal is to ensure a sufficient supply of good-quality aquatic life and water for future generations. However, the maintenance and management of aquatic ecosystems require the close cooperation of scientists, politicians and stakeholders, and must arise from the best available knowledge and experience provided by ecologists. We hope that the first symposium on Marine and Freshwater Sciences will be an ecosystem based symposium including also studies on protected areas, tourism economy, energy, natural sources, and education and offer an opportunity to bring together experts from various disciplines and contribute substantially to increasing our knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of marine and freshwater sciences.
Prof. Dr. Ali Serhan Tarkan Mugla Sıtkı Koçman University, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Tahir Özcan Iskenderun Technical University, Turkey
Mirage Park Resort Kemer Antalya
The queen of Göynük is a pearl, it is where nature offers all its beauty. From the stretching pine trees of the Taurus Mountains to the orange groves of the lowlands.This combination of mountain and sea; in conjunction with the hotels simple but elegant style, no doubt makes this hotel the perfect destination for a peaceful getaway for you and your family.
The 598 rooms featuring these forest and sea views, create a sense of comfort and retreat while the “Ultra All Inclusive” restaurant turns dining into a joy. Experience local perfection as well as a wide variety of world cuisine to suit any appetite.
- Biodiversity, Conservation & Environmental Protection in Aquatic Resources
- Integrated Management of Coastal Zone – Transitional Water Ecosystems & River Basins
- 3E (Endemic, Exotic & Endangered) Species
- Genetics & Population Genomics: from Genes to Ecosystem
- Fisheries, Environmental Impacts, Monitoring & Management
- Processing, Economics & Marketing of Fisheries Products
- Climate Changes in Aquatic Ecosystems – Satellite Observations – Sea Level Rise – Water Acidification & Hypoxia
- Oceanography & Water Pollution
- Marine/Inlandwater Biology & Ecology
- Biogeochemical Cycles in Aquatic Ecosystems
- Marine Protected areas
- Environmental Education & Awareness and Waste Water Management, Ports and Maritime Transportation, Sea Pollution and Prevention, Petroleum and Energy, Antropological studies, Effects of Agricultural Activities, Tourism and Gastronomy
Last Submission Date for the Abstract and Full Paper
10 September 2018
Deadline for payments
20 September 2018
Dates of the Symposium
18-21 October 2018
Start of registration for the International Marine & Freshwater Sciences Symposium
Notification of Acceptance (sending of presentation acceptance letters in scanned copy and original PDF forms)
Within 20 days after the submission
Payment for Conference Fee
Upon receiving acceptance letter
Last Day for Early Registration to the Symposium
10 July 2018
Announcement of the Scientific Schedule of the Symposium
10 October 2018
You can get more information about the participation fees. Please select any option.